The November 2021 Pokemon Go Community Day features the electric type, Shinx. And if you’re lucky, you might even meet a Shiny one.
Once a month, the best-selling mobile title features a Pokémon for a special community day. With special research, bonuses, increased respawn rates, and more, this is one of the most popular events in the game.
Niantic revealed that the November spotlight was the Shinx of the Sinnoh region. Not only can you get a Shiny version, but when it evolves into Luxray it learns an exclusive move.
Here’s what you need to know to prepare for Community Day in November 2021.
Pokemon Go November Community Day start date and time
Pokemon Go’s November Community Day takes place on Sunday 11 November 2021 at 11 a.m. local time. it works until 5 p.m. the same day.
Can Shinx be shiny in Pokemon Go?
Yes you can get a Shiny Shinx during Community Day in November. You can also get a Luxray shiny also if you evolve it from the first Shinx evolution, Luxio.
Unlike other recent Community Days, this is not Shinx’s first Shiny. In fact, it’s been available since 2018.
Shinx’s exclusive move for Pokemon Go’s November Community Day
If you evolve Luxio into Luxray for or up to two hours after the November Community Day, he will learn the exclusive movement, Psychic fangs.
Charged Attack is a Psychic-type move that reduces the enemy’s Defense. It is also super effective against Poison and Fighting-type Pokémon.
Pokemon Go November Community Day Bonus
There will be several bonuses active during Shiny Community Day. These include:
- 1/4 of the hatch distance for eggs incubated during the event
- Lure modules last three hours
- Incense lasts three hours
- 3x Transfer candy
- 4x XL candies luck when transferring
How to prepare for community day
To get the most out of November’s Community Day, there are a few things you can prepare:
- Buy a Special research ticket from the store to unlock bonus tasks
- Fill the tank Poke balls – you certainly don’t want to run out!
- Make sure you have at least two Incense if you plan to play all day
- Empty your Pokémon storage previously
- If you’re going to be by a PokeStop, have at least two Lures at hand